Our Winter course gives you the knowledge you need to enjoy the challanging environment of sea kayaking in the Swedish winter.
Winter paddling course
This course is a great start if you want to start paddling in the winter. You do need a summer one day course already to join this day.
Example of subjects we cover during the course day:
- How to pack the kayak for a winter paddle
- What you need to bring on a winter trip
- How to avoid cold hands
- How to avoid getting cold during breaks
- Paddling in ice (theoretical if we do not have ice on the day)
- Trip plan and communications
- Nightpaddle and navigation in darkeness.
- Rescue in cold water
- How to handle a friend (or yourself) in canse of hypothermia
- How to establish a improvised night camp to be able to await better weather or rescue.
When you sign up for this course you will receive a packing list for the course day. We have all equipment including kayak, drysuit, neoprene-shoes and pogies for rent if you dont have your own.
There are currently no published activities in this category. If you are a small gruoup that wants this activity on a certain day please email us at email@example.com and we will try to help you.